Ullswater - Pooley Bridge - Watermillock
& surrounding villages
Lake View - Watermillock - nr Pooley Bridge
- Sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms : 1 x ground floor king size with en-suite shower/ 1 x ground floor twin (converts to king size zip-lock on request at booking) / 1 x first floor king size with en-suite shower room / 1 x twin room (can be super king on request at booking)
- Cot / Highchair available
- Wood-burning stove & modern wall sunk electric fire in lounge
- Smart TV with FreeView / Broadband / WiFi
- Wine fridge
- Enclosed patio and lawn with furniture
- No Pets / No Smoking
- Parking for 6 cars
- Popular 18th century local pub serving good food & with its own micro-brewery 100 yards
- Pooley Bridge at the north of the lake with its tea-rooms and inns 2.5 miles / Glenridding 6.2 miles / Penrith 8.5 miles
- Note this property has a housekeeping bond of £200
The incredible views from the aptly named Lake View are just one of its attractions. Attention to detail and high quality finishings in every room make this modern cottage very, very desirable.
We really can't do justice to the fabulous views from Lake View with the collage above, please do check out more of them here and also read guest reviews and check for availability here too.
Stag Cottage - Motherby nr Penruddock
- Sleeps 4 : 1 x Kingsize with TV / 1 x Twin with TV
- Travel cot and high chair available on request
- Woodburning stove (incl starter pack of fuel)
- TV's with Freeview / DVD / WiFi
- Groundfloor wet room with shower and family bathroom
- Sorry No Pets / No smoking
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with patio furniture
- Shop 2 miles / pub 5 minutes walk
The views and quality of the decor and finishings, which include thoughtful inclusions such as a Nespresso machine make Stag cottage a real gem. There are two pubs nearby The Herdwick and The Boot and Shoe both offering mouth watering treats along with real ale.
Penruddock is just an 11 minute drive to Ullswater and Pooley Bridge which has some lovely shops, cafes and inns, not to mention the walking and cycling opportunities. The Rheged Centre is close by and of course the market towns of Keswick and Penrith are just a short drive too.
Reviews by previous guests are glowing and we'd love you to read them here you can also see more photographs and check availability and pricing of Stag Cottage here.
Blacksmiths Cottage - Pooley Bridge
- Sleeps 2 Kingsize bed
- Beamed lounge/diner with wood-burning stove
- Bathroom with underfloor heating
- Sorry no pets / no smoking
- Off road Parking & lockable cycle shed
- Private garden with views over the fields to the fells & outdoor furniture
- Village location so shops/cafes/ pubs within easy walking distance
- Housekeeping bond £50
Blacksmiths Cottage has been beautifully furnished to enhance the charm of its 17th Century origins. With lovely views and walks from the door. Lots to see nearby including Dalemain Mansion and gardens, Steamers across Ullswater and of course the ever changing exhibitions at the The Rheged Centre.
More photographs of this Pooley Bridge cottage, availability and glowing reviews from previous guests can be found here.
Eusemere Lodge - Pooley Bridge
- Sleeps 12 : 2 x King with en-suite / 2 x double / 1 x family 2 sets bunk-beds
- 3 additional bathrooms two of which have walk in showers & two have baths
- Oil fired Aga plus conventional electric oven/hob and microwave
- Wood burning stove (starter fuel provided)
- Pool Table
- Broadband / WiFi
- Sorry No pets / no smoking
- Extensive lawned garden
- Parking for 4 cars and gated driveway
- Shop and pub 0.3 miles
Owners Note : The garden runs along the edge of Lake Ullswater and therefore children must be supervised at all times whilst in the garden.
This property is steeped history with links to Thomas Clarkson who lived at the Lodge and was an anti-slavery campaigner throughout his life, culminating in his securing Wilberforce to voice the cause in Parliament. He was good friends with the Wordsworth's and it is believed that they may have been on their way home to Grasmere, from a stay with Clarkson when Dorothy and William saw the host of daffodils on the shores of Ullswater.
Eusemere Lodge has been finished to a very high level and has grounds which reach to the shore of Ullswater. Please do read more about Thomas Clarkson and his former home Eusemere Lodge and also see more photographs as we sadly weren't able to include them all. You can also check for availability and pricing here